We’re very proud to have so many enthusiastic and dedicated individuals working with our friendly practice. Our progressive farm animal team of veterinary surgeons are supported by highly motivated technicians, nursing and administrative teams assuring our position as a leading light in veterinary practice in the south-west.
Part Time Veterinary Client Support Vacancy
Torch Farm & Equine Ltd is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Receptionist to join the team at Mullacott Veterinary Hospital, Ilfracombe to work 3 days, 23 hours per week plus Saturday on a rota basis.
Client facing; the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide a friendly and professional welcome to all clients. Duties will include:
- Providing an efficient first point of contact – on the telephone and in person.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the requirements of our Farm & Equine clients
- Taking routine & emergency bookings and dealing with queries efficiently at all times
- Co-ordinating vets diaries in a timely and cost effective manner
- Promoting the image of Torch Farm & Equine Ltd both positively and professionally.
- Dispensing medication in line with guidance and training.
- Handling initial account queries from clients and processing payments as required.
- Farm knowledge and equine knowledge.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to summarise information received in a concise manner for others.
- Experience of working with the general public in a service environment.
- Experience of managing multiple diaries.
- IT skills – experience in use of email, word, excel and a willingness to learn how to use our internal bespoke software.
- A calm and confident manner
- An ability to work alone or part of a team
- An interest in the welfare of animals.
- Hands on farm management experience.
- A desire to succeed
- Health and Safety awareness
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English grade C
If you feel you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role please request an application form from email@example.com Closing date Friday 17th January 2020.
Farm Vet Opportunity in North Devon
Torch Farm and Equine Ltd are seeking to expand and further enhance our dedicated farm animal veterinary team. We are looking for an enthusiastic clinician with good communication skills who will have the commitment and drive to maintain the high standards of service we provide to our farm clients and the care of their animals.
We have the following opportunities to become part of our progressive veterinary farm animal department which is supported by highly motivated technicians, nursing and administrative teams assuring our position as reliable independent vets offering dedicated care in the South West.
An experienced proactive, committed and enthusiastic clinician with a particular interest in herd health and preventative medicine. Our clients are used to our vets engaging as part of their team and not being ‘just another vet’. This is a full time position based in Bideford with a 1:8 out of hours rota.
To work 4 days per week. No on call or weekend work. Suitable for a new, recently qualified or experienced vet. Full training can be given and funded provided a training agreement is signed on commencement.
We are based in an area of outstanding natural beauty with easy access to the sea and Exmoor National Park where a good work/life balance is paramount.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or an application form. The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday January 12th 2020.
View Torch Equine Vets vacancies here
It is our aim to work as part of your team of advisors to ensure good quality healthcare that is value for money.
A leading light in farm veterinary care
Utilising a wealth of experience within our team, we provide our farming community with the support, advice and clinical expertise required to drive efficiency and profitability on their farm