We’re very proud to have so many enthusiastic and dedicated individuals working with our friendly practice. Our progressive team of equine veterinary surgeons are supported by highly motivated technicians, nursing and administrative teams assuring our position as a ‘leading light’ in veterinary practice in the south-west.
Equine Veterinary Surgeon
Torch Equine Vets are looking for an enthusiastic team player with good communication skills, who will have the enthusiasm and drive to maintain and develop the high standards of service and care of our expanding Equine client base.
This is a rare opportunity to join an independent, well-equipped equine practice with fully equipped equine theatre and in-patient facilities. Case continuity is encouraged to ensure an individual’s clinical progression. All the usual equipment including in house laboratories, technician managed frozen semen store, arthroscopy, focused shockwave, surgical laser, gastroscope, endoscopy, 2 DR systems and range of ultrasound machines. Motorised dentistry units, oral flushing units, oroscopy and development of in-house endodontic treatment.
Routine four day working week with option of an alternative one day off every fortnight if preferable. 1:7 on call rota working in an area of outstanding natural beauty with easy access to the sea and Exmoor National Park where a good work life balance is paramount.
We are part of the XL Vet group of independent vet practices, where practice ownership and progression is encouraged. We work alongside our large 31 clinician Torch Farm team enjoying the sense of community and shared resources which this provides.
Salary is dependent on experience.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply, please complete the below application form and return along with a copy of your CV, to Heather Wraith HR Manager, by email: email@example.com or by post at Charter Veterinary Hospital, Charter Court, Roundswell Barnstaple Devon EX31 3FG.
Applications close 30th October 2020
Part Time Veterinary Client Support Vacancy
Torch Farm & Equine Ltd is looking for a Farm Receptionist to join the team three days per week. The role is based at our Holsworthy practice but would include regular travel to our Bideford practice too.
Client facing; the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide a friendly and professional welcome to all clients. Duties will include:
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the requirements of our farm & equine clients
- Processing payments
- Taking routine & emergency bookings and dealing with queries efficiently at all times
- Co-ordinating vets diaries in a timely and cost effective manner
- Promoting the image of Torch Farm & Equine Ltd both positively and professionally
- Dispensing medication in line with guidance and training
- Providing a friendly and efficient first point of contact – in person and on the telephone
- Farm knowledge
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- A desire to succeed
- A calm and confident manner
- An interest in the welfare of animals and significant hands-on animal husbandry experience
- An ability to work alone or part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to summarise information received in a concise manner for others
- Experience of working with the general public in a service environment
- Experience of managing multiple diaries
- IT skills – experience in use of email, word, excel and a willingness to learn how to use our internal bespoke software
- Health and safety awareness
If you feel you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role please complete the below application form and return via email (including a CV) to Aimie Lane, HR Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Aimie Lane, Charter Vet Hospital, Charter Court, Roundswell Barnstaple EX31 3FG
Application closing date: Friday 16th October 2020.
View Torch Farm Vets vacancies here
Independent vets, dedicated care
The provision of outstanding veterinary care and excellent customer service lies at the heart of what we do. Thanks to our five convenient locations we cover large parts of the south-west. Our reach is wide but our focus remains on offering the highest clinical standards and customer service to our highly valued clients.