We’re very proud to have so many enthusiastic and dedicated individuals working with our friendly practice. Our progressive team of equine veterinary surgeons are supported by highly motivated technicians, nursing and administrative teams assuring our position as a ‘leading light’ in veterinary practice in the south-west.
Part Time Veterinary Client Support Vacancy
Torch Farm & Equine Ltd is looking for a self-motivated and experienced receptionist to join the team at Mullacott Veterinary Practice, Ilfracombe to work 3 days, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday plus alternate Saturday mornings. Therefore average hours will be 27.75 hours per week.
Client facing; the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide a friendly and professional welcome to all clients. Duties will include:
- Providing an efficient first point of contact on the telephone.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the requirements of our Farm & Equine clients
- Taking routine & emergency bookings and dealing with queries efficiently at all times
- Co-ordinating vets diaries in a timely and cost effective manner
- Promoting the image of Torch Farm & Equine Ltd both positively and professionally.
- Dispensing medication in line with guidance and training.
- A good understanding through personal experience of farm terminology
- Significant equine knowledge including basic horse anatomy
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to summarise information received in a concise manner for others.
- Experience of working with the general public in a service environment.
- Experience of managing multiple diaries.
- IT skills – experience in use of email, word, excel and a willingness to learn how to use our internal bespoke software.
- A calm and confident manner
- An ability to work alone or part of a team
- An interest in the welfare of animals.
- Hands on farm management experience.
- A desire to succeed
- Health and Safety awareness
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English grade C
If you feel you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role please request an application form and full job description from email@example.com Closing date Friday 26th March 2021.
View Torch Farm Vets vacancies here
Independent vets, dedicated care
The provision of outstanding veterinary care and excellent customer service lies at the heart of what we do. Thanks to our five convenient locations we cover large parts of the south-west. Our reach is wide but our focus remains on offering the highest clinical standards and customer service to our highly valued clients.