We’re very proud to have so many enthusiastic and dedicated individuals working with our friendly practice. Our progressive team of equine veterinary surgeons are supported by highly motivated technicians, nursing and administrative teams assuring our position as a ‘leading light’ in veterinary practice in the south-west.
Part Time Veterinary Client Support Vacancy
Torch Farm & Equine Ltd is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Receptionist to join the team at Mullacott Veterinary Hospital, Ilfracombe to work 3 days, 23 hours per week plus Saturday on a rota basis.
Client facing; the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide a friendly and professional welcome to all clients. Duties will include:
- Providing an efficient first point of contact – on the telephone and in person.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the requirements of our Farm & Equine clients
- Taking routine & emergency bookings and dealing with queries efficiently at all times
- Co-ordinating vets diaries in a timely and cost effective manner
- Promoting the image of Torch Farm & Equine Ltd both positively and professionally.
- Dispensing medication in line with guidance and training.
- Handling initial account queries from clients and processing payments as required.
- Farm knowledge and equine knowledge.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to summarise information received in a concise manner for others.
- Experience of working with the general public in a service environment.
- Experience of managing multiple diaries.
- IT skills – experience in use of email, word, excel and a willingness to learn how to use our internal bespoke software.
- A calm and confident manner
- An ability to work alone or part of a team
- An interest in the welfare of animals.
- Hands on farm management experience.
- A desire to succeed
- Health and Safety awareness
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English grade C
If you feel you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role please request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date Friday 17th January 2020.
View Torch Farm Vets vacancies here
Excellence in practice
The provision of outstanding veterinary care and excellent customer service lies at the heart of what we do. Thanks to our five convenient locations we cover large parts of the south-west. Our reach is wide but our focus remains on offering the highest clinical standards and customer service to our highly valued clients.