Do you know which wormers are fully effective in your flock?
Are you getting the best value for money/time out of your wormers?
Do you want to control parasites in your flock—minimising resistance development yet maintaining good lamb growth rates?
The answers to all of these questions are vital to the profitability and sustainability of the sheep farming enterprise. The good news is that the South West Regional Development Agency is providing extra funding to help you find out.
- Wormer resistance trials: reliable results from testing done on your farm, by your vet
- Detailed parasite control planning for each farm enrolled
- Review of control strategies and lamb performance with comparison to national and local benchmarks
To benefit from this funding, attend one of the initial awareness meetings, covering
- SCOPS principles
- anthelmintic resistance—we will discuss local resistance patterns
- the benefits and how and when to use faecal worm egg counts
- the impact worm burden has on farm businesses
Meetings will run from 2-4pm. Please join us at 1.30pm for a bite to eat!
- High Bickington: Week Farm EX37 9BW —Wednesday 8th May
- Muddiford: Bowden Farm EX31 4HR —Thursday 9th May
- Buckland Brewer: Halsbury EX39 5EW —Friday 10th May
- South Molton: South West Sheep Breeding Services office
Places will be limited so please book early by calling your usual branch.