Practical Lambing Skills Workshop
February 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm| £60
This course is suitable for anyone involved with a lambing flock, whatever the size. Our vets will demonstrate how to recognise a normal lambing, and understand when to intervene for a successful outcome. Taught using lambing simulators, you will learn:
- How to untangle lambs
- How to treat hypothermia
- How to correctly use leg ropes and head snares
- How to stomach tube a lamb to ensure adequate colostrum intake
- Tail docking and castration techniques
- Care of the ewe before and after lambing
- Correct injection techniques
- Care of the newborn lamb
When : Friday, 14 February
Where: Torch Farm Vets, Horsepond Meadow South Molton EX36 4AF
Please bring a set of waterproofs with you.
Places are on a first come, first served basis although if there is the demand we will add an additional date. Please call 01769 610000 to book your space.