Practical Lambing Skills Workshop
February 7, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
**Additional date now added**
This three-hour training session is suitable for anyone involved with a lambing flock, whatever the size. Learn to recognise a normal lambing, and understand when to intervene for a successful outcome.
Taught using lambing simulators, you will learn:
– How to untangle lambs
– How to correctly use leg ropes and head snares
– Care of the newborn lamb
– Treating hypothermia
– Stomach tubing a lamb to ensure adequate colostrum intake
– Tail docking and castration techniques
– Correct injection techniques
– Care of the ewe before and after lambing
Places are £40 + vat per person, please contact us on 01769 610000 for more information and to book.