Farmskills Mastering Medicines One-Day Course
March 11 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This workshop aims to increase your knowledge of safety and good practice as well as outlining the legislative requirements for on farm medicines use.
The course also aims to increase trainees’ understanding about the different types of medicines used and how these relate to the common diseases relevant to their farms.
Learning outcomes include:
- How to safely administer veterinary medicines to animals under your care
- Where to store and maintain medicines on farm in accordance with legislation and farm assurance requirements
- Recording on farm medicine usage in accordance with legislation and farm assurance requirements
- The ability to describe the difference between vaccines and treatments and the different legislative classes
- Describing basic differences that exist between different classes of antibiotic and the need for veterinary guidance for their use
- Describing the basic classes of anthelmintics and the need for veterinary or SQP guidance on their use
- Understanding the actions of an NSAID and when they should be used
- Understanding the responsibility of those administrating medicines to farm animals
The cost is £50 per farm, with discounts available if more than one attendee per farm.
Please call your usual practice to book your place.